Bhutan Koryo Tours has 20 tour guides on its roll. Each of them is a specialist in their own area. In a nutshell, they deliver the following services:
- They specialize in most of the major languages of the world which include English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German and French. Apart from language, they are also accomplished in the historical, religious and cultural attributes of these countries.
- Back home, each guide has his/her own area of work specialization. Some are birding experts, some are into adventure sports (self-driving expeditions, mountain and motor biking, fishing, paragliding, whitewater rafting, etc) even as many among them are adept trekkers having handled some of the world’s most challenging trek routes in the higher Himalayas. While a majority are cultural guiding experts, a few have honed skills as happiness, textile, and flora and fauna tour guides;
- In terms of maturity and experience, Bhutan Koryo Tours guides have an average of seven years experience in the business. Their ages range from 25 to 45 years. Besides guiding, they have also mastered life-skills, and handling emergency situations.
- They are well-versed in local knowledge, like ethos and culture, having criss-crossed the country an inordinate number of times. As a result, they have also built local contacts in every nook and cranny, thus aiding in fulfilling the needs of their guests.
- Most importantly, Bhutan Koryo Tours guides have a set of written code of conduct which they must comply at all times. These include behavior, mannerism, etiquettes and other niceties which vastly contribute to making the trip successful.